I serve One God in Three Persons
constituting a Trinity in unity, as the Godhead:
I pray to the Father
Through the Son
In union with the Holy Spirit
“Tri” meaning three / “Unity” meaning one / Tri + Unity = Trinity
NICENE CREED (325 / 381 AD)
My own personalized, abbreviated version / Link to the original, full version of the creed is at the bottom of the page.
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all ages, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made:
And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;
- Thank you God the Father, my Creator
- Thank you God the Son, my Savior
- Thank you God the Spirit, my Comforter
“While our faith determines our eternal destination,
our behavior determines our eternal rewards.”
Life E T E R N I T Y
It’s day one – Here comes the sun
Every morning, mercy’s new … I will fix my eyes on You
Sun’s coming up the beginning has begun
I’m starting over-Starting Now-I’m starting over … It’s Day One!
(KJV) Lamentations 3:22-23
(GNV, KJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
Artist Comments: I was commissioned to make a hand lettered piece for a friend to hang in his home as a gift to his wife for Valentines Day. He gave me the verse Lamentations 3:22-23 – “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Read more at https://www.beliefnet.com/prayers/protestant/addiction/serenity-prayer.aspx#29FQDbY6PYA5hyrL.99
This page is one that I review daily as I spend my quiet time with God. It just reminds me of things that I feel are important. Unfortunately, it’s probably always going to show up in the top posts/pages of the sidebar because I go here every day. I doubt that anyone other than myself would ever find this page helpful so I do apologize for the intrusion of your time if you landed here and thought, “What the heck is this?”.
Alternatively, if you have specific things that you do or read in your quiet time, and would like to share, please feel free to leave a comment so we can all learn and edify each other. I love to learn new things and communicate with others regarding my relationship with the One and Only Triune God. Peace, Blessings and Joy to all!
(KJV) 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
- Thank You for the constant presence and fellowship with Your Spirit (Holy Ghost / Holy Spirit).
- Thank You for keeping my family safe and secure while we slept.
- Psalm 37:4 says, 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
- Thank You for this NEW day – Another opportunity to Praise You, Adore You, Worship You, and Love You.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 states, 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Today, I fully place all my Faith, Trust, and Hope in You, God; and look forward to spending time with You.
- My time alone with You in the early morning is my favorite time of the day. Thank You for meeting with me and generously bestowing on me an individual, distinctive, intimate relationship. As the song says, “Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth, Would care to know my name, Would care to feel my hurt? … ” (Who Am I by Casting Crowns)
- This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24) because every moment, every breath I take, is a gift from you, Father. Help me to remember that I am NOT my own but bought with a price.
- May the Holy Spirit bring to my attention the things in my heart and life that need to be repented of; and give me the strength / courage to accept His word, so I can rid myself of anything that might hinder my walk with You, God. I pray for repentance of all my sins, known and unknown.
- Please accept my humble petition, forgive me, and assist me to go and sin no more.
- Thank You for all the resources You’ve provided for me and my family.
- Thank You for my extended family, friends, and neighbors. May You continue to watch over them and keep them safe from harm.
- For all humanity I pray: Peace, Blessings, and Joy to all.
- For those who do not follow Christ, I pray that they may come to know Him as their personal Savior.
- As Paul prayed for the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 13:14), so I now pray for followers of Christ:
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,
and the love of God,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with you all.
- Special prayers go out for The Persecuted Church. Engulf them in your never-ending arms of love and peace. Help them and their families to stay strong and ease their suffering as only You can.
- Thank You for my healthcare team, past and present. I pray that You will bestow every good thing on them and their practices so they may continue their work and help others as they have helped me.
- Thank You for my former employers. I pray that their decisions and actions will bear much fruit and bring forth great success. May their efforts be pleasing to You, O God, and cause their businesses to grow, so they can reach those that need Your help and create more employment opportunities.
- Thank you for the organizations that have assisted me: Aurora Santa Rosa, Maxine Lewis Shelter, Prado Day Center, TFS (Transitional Food & Shelter), Atascadero First Assembly of God, SLO County Behavioral Health, and TMHA (Transitions Mental Health Association). Their assistance met a need for me at a time when no other aid could be located. Please place them under your wing of protection and provide resources needed to keep their doors open, helping them to provide support to anyone who asks.
- Thank You for chaplains, everywhere, but especially Michael Cobbina. Please provide peace, calm, patience, and the words they need to speak to those that they serve, so as to provide comfort.
- Thank You for all those choosing to enter ministry in a full time capacity. They are working very hard for The Kingdom, and most likely are sacrificing parts of themselves and their families. Please give them the peace, courage, and physical resources to know for certain that You have called them for their service and that they will be rewarded.
- Thank You for Truck Drivers and Transportation Professionals. I carry such a burden for them, probably because of my family. Help them to stay safe as they move along our streets, highways, and byways. Please make certain that they have healthy life conditions (good food, water, families, etc) and plenty of rest so they can safely traverse our roadways.
- Thank you for educators. Whether they teach in public or private institutions, please give them the patience they so need. They are responsible for shaping the minds of our children, young people and many with few resources at their disposal; so make certain they are longsuffering and kind so as to impact our next generation.
- Thank You for all those who choose enlistment in the military or other similar agencies (coast guard, national guard, etc.). Please keep them safe from harm, but also provide them with the knowledge of how to best go about their jobs, with their training coming to remembrance at just the right time to do the right thing.
- Thank You for our law enforcement professionals. “Police officers put their lives on the line for us every single day. They’ve got a tough job to do, to maintain public safety and hold accountable those who break the law.” –Barack Obama Please protect them as they go about their extremely important jobs, and provide unlimited wisdom and discernment so they can always do the right thing at the right time for those they serve.
- Thank You for all First Responders: Sheriff, Fire, Police, EMT’s, Search & Rescue, Doctors, Nurses, Rapid Response Teams, Dispatchers, 911 Professionals, etc. Many people owe their lives to them for their immediate response and special skills. When the time comes for them to act, please bring all their training to mind so they can serve, save and care for many.
- Please send Your angels to Victims of Crime or accident: before, during, and after. Shower them with your peace, love and presence, helping them to understand that their situation is only temporary.
- I pray for those in Prison, as commanded by Your word in Hebrews 13:3 (NASB): Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body.
- Thank You for all those who choose to enter Public Service. Whether it be at the level of local, school, city, county, state, or federal branches of government. Give them the fortitude and tenacity to do their best in the interest of the persons they serve; as opposed to themselves, special interest groups, or huge lobbying efforts. Help them to remember their roots and the “why” they chose to serve, in the first place.
- Daily I pray specifically for our Country and our President. America has been a beacon of light to others for hundreds of years, so please lay it on the hearts of our leaders to make the best decisions at the best times. Please return us to our Christian roots with God-fearing leaders as examples.
- I pray for my enemies because I know that You can turn the hearts of kings and rulers, so I know that You can protect me and make good out of my mess of a life. May they see the errors of their ways and treat me (and everyone else) as You would have them to—with the fruits of the spirit, but especially love. Heap blessings on them in such quantity that they cannot help but spread their good fortune on to others.
- Please help me to forgive my enemies and those that have wronged me, perceived or in reality.
- I pray for the peace of Jerusalem (as King David encouraged his people in Psalm 122:6) and for the coming arrival of Jesus Christ. Prophecy points to Jerusalem as being the location where end time activities will occur. When we pray for the peace of Jerusalem, I believe that we are praying for the Lord to return. Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus! Come quickly! (Revelation 22:20-22)
- Thank You for EVERY circumstance in my life, positive or negative—from the moment of my birth until the moment of my passing—For You are my God; and You can take anything, any situation, and make it work out for good.
- Transform my desires and heartaches to mirror Yours, Lord, so I may be an effective disciple for You.
- This world is full of trouble. Nevertheless, I continue to wake up every day hoping this is the day that things will go perfectly. Please help me to subdue my flesh, to wake up every morning anticipating problems. Therefore, I can start the day with the mindset of battle and proactively put on the whole armor of God, equipping me for whatever difficulties I will be facing today. (belt of Truth, breastplate of Righteousness, shoes of Peace, helmet of Salvation, shield of Faith, sword of The Spirit which is the Word of God)
- Please teach me how to be in the world but not part of it.
- Lord, wherever I look today, allow me to catch a glimpse of You. And whenever others look at me today, allow them to catch a glimpse of You, as well.
- Give me the wisdom and discernment to face every situation I encounter; so I can handle anything, in the way that would be pleasing to You.
- Remain with me today, as You’ve promised in Your Word:
- May my daily decisions and endeavors reflect positively on You, Father, so that You may be glorified and others would see Jesus in me, no matter what I’m going through.
- I accept this adversity in the name of Jesus and I offer it up to You for Your desires and intent.
- Please take my life and use it for Your purposes. I fully submit to You out of love and gratefulness for the unmerited grace and love provided to me by Christ’s supreme sacrifice on the cross.
Hebrews 6:19-20 (NIV)
We are in this world as a ship at sea, tossed up and down, and in danger of being cast away. We need an anchor to keep us sure and steady. Gospel hope is our anchor in the storms of this world. It is sure and stedfast, or it could not keep us so. The free grace of God, the merits and mediation of Christ, and the powerful influences of his Spirit, are the grounds of this hope, and so it is a stedfast hope. Christ is the object and ground of the believer’s hope. Let us therefore set our affections on things above, and wait patiently for his appearance, when we shall certainly appear with him in glory. Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary on the Bible
For all humanity, I pray:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God
Peace, Blessings, and Joy to all
good and bad
believers and nonbelievers
allies and enemies
but especially for Christians.
For the persecuted church, I pray all of the above in unlimited portions, but furthermore I pray:
I PRAY THAT PERSECUTED BELIEVERS:
- Ministry activities will remain undetected by authorities or others who wish to silence them (Acts 9:25)
- Will sense God’s presence (Hebrews 13:5)
- Will feel connected to the greater Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:20, 26)
- Will be comforted by God when their family members are killed, injured or imprisoned for their witness (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)
- Will have more opportunities to share the gospel (Colossians 4:3)
- Will have boldness to make Christ known (Philippians 1:14)
- Will forgive and love their persecutors (Matthew 5:44)
- Will rejoice in suffering (Acts 5:41)
- Will be refreshed through God’s Word and grow in their faith (Ephesians 6:17)
- Will be strengthened through the prayers of fellow believers (Jude 1:20-25)
Modified Version, Provided by Voice of the Martyrs
November 2nd – International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
For those of us not yet facing persecution, I pray
Father, Son, and Spirit:
Your Word tells us to love the Lord thy God with all our heart, soul, and strength (Luke 10:27). Please prepare our mind, body and spirit for persecution that we’ve not yet faced. If and when our time comes to serve You with our lives, I pray that You will give us unlimited strength, courage, peace and fellowship with Your Spirit so that we may glorify You. Bring to our remembrance all the comforting things that You’ve shared in Your Word so that we may run the race as the Apostle Paul alluded to in 2 Timothy and other scriptures.
(KJV) 2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.
(KJV) Acts 20:24
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
(KJV) Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(KJV) 1 Corinthians 9:24-25
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
(KJV) Philippians 3:14
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Lastly, I pray for myself, the smallest among all,
Meet me in early morning splendor. I eagerly await you here. In the stillness of this holy time with Me, “I renew your strength“ and “saturate you with peace“.
( M ) Linger in my presence a while. Rein in your impulses to plunge into the day’s activities. Beginning your day alone with me is essential preparation for success … your time of being still in My Presence equips you for the day ahead of you … If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will “grow weary and lose heart“. Relax with Me while I ready you for action. October 29, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
( T ) Let me infuse My Peace into your innermost being. As you sit quietly in the Light of My Presence, you can sense Peace growing within you … I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me: placing you in situations where your strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to Myself. You have discovered flowers of Peace blossoming in the most desolate places. You have learned to thank Me for hard times & difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish My best work. November 29, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
( W ) I am working My ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being. My main work is to clear out debris and clutter, making room for My Spirit to take full possession. Collaborate with Me in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away. I know what you need, and I have promised to provide all of that – abundantly! Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way. I am training you to depend on Me alone, finding fulfillment in My Presence … Instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive. Cultivate this receptive stance by trusting Me in every situation. November 7, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
( TH ) Be prepared to suffer for Me, in My Name. All suffering has meaning in My kingdom. Pain and problems are opportunities to demonstrate your trust in Me. Bearing your circumstances bravely – even thanking Me for them – is one of the highest forms of praise. This sacrifice of thanksgiving rings golden-toned bells of joy throughout heavenly realms … When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead, accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness. October 14, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
( FRI ) Trust Me, and don’t be afraid. I want you to view trials as exercises designed to develop your trust-muscles. You live in the midst of fierce spiritual battles, and fear is one of satan’s favorite weapons. When you start to feel afraid, affirm your trust in Me. Speak out loud, if circumstances permit. Resist the devil in My Name, and he will slink away from you. Refresh yourself in My holy Presence. Speak or sing praises to Me, and My Face will shine radiantly upon you. Remember that there is no condemnation for those who belong to Me. You have been judged NOT GUILTY for all eternity. Trust Me, & don’t be afraid; for I am your Strength, Song, and Salvation. August 22, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
Thank Me throughout this day for My Presence and My Peace … Ever since the resurrection, I have comforted My followers with these messages: Peace be with you, and I am with you always … The best way to receive these glorious gifts is to thank Me for them. It is impossible to spend too much time thanking and praising Me. I created you first and foremost to glorify Me. Thanksgiving and praise put you in proper relationship with Me, opening the way for My riches to flow into you. As you thank Me for My Presence and Peace, you appropriate My richest gifts.
(KJV) John 15:12, 13, 17 (KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
12 This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
(KJV) Romans 5:6, 8 (KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(KJV) Ephesians 3:14-21
Paul’s Prayer – The Love of Christ
(KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
(KJV) Psalm 118:24 (KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
(NIV) 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
(KJV) James 4:14 (KJV, NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV versions)
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
HOW WILL YOU HONOR GOD TODAY?
Lord, teach us to dwell in the corners and crevices, to find an abundance of Your love in those pockets of our lives where the poverty of our abilities crowds out our pride and ego.